Friday 28 September 2007

Friday: just caught LM 50 at sunset en route to my dads place in Sunderland. One thought: auNTy needs better lighting if nightime jaunts on unfamiliar roads were to become a habit!Saturday: did LMs 14, 31 & then a pilgrimage to LM 62 "Hizzy's Cairn" up in the hills near Teviothead marking the site of the Helicopter crash, all a little spooky considering the recent McCrae tragedy.
Sunday: a SW Scotland loop LMs 63; 64; 60; 71; and a "could not find LM" at 61, so pic of the bike next to Crook Inn to net some points.
Monday: return trip home via LMs 9 & 10 it was very very windy, and like a fool unplanned I went to look for LM 22 on Morecambe front. The location of our first "incident". Having rode the Morecambe seafront road twice, leaning and countersteering against the onshore gale force wind. I realised without any research about the LM location, it wasn't going to be a quick find, so I opted for reduced points and a bike pic next to the coastguard building. Whilst slowly manouvering the bike into a "good" spot for a pic, a gust of wind caught the bike and took it beyond the point of no return. Although I got my foot down the bike had gone too far to stop it going any further, and I had to press the kill switch and gently lay the bike down. OK we recovered from that I managed to lift auNTy back up to find her unscathed, phew! Everything OK for the "enjoyment " of a slow cruise down the M6 with gale force westerly sidewind all the way home

No comments: