Friday 18 May 2007

Welsh Rally & RBRs Part 4 "MOTORHIKING"


On Sundays journey home despite the rain, I decided to have another crack at the Folly (aptly named) I was determined to get it, and now I had more time. So set off on the "hiking trail" again, in motorcycling gear, "waterproof" but heavy coat, and relatively smooth soled boots, managed ok across the field then into the woods......the path zig zagging steeply upward and soaking wet meant I had to try hard to keep a firm footing.
Eventually I came to a wooded stairway and soon to the folly........forgot to add I didn't have a hat so opted to keep the helmet on because it mists up easily I thought it was best to keep dry. At the folly I met a local family walking their dogs, and asked the easiest way back down to the village Lower Dinchope......without giving too much away there are three routes a short very difficult one, a long difficult one and a long slightly easier one!
The last option is the preferred one if its even slightly wet, more so if you're not wearing appropiate walking/hiking clothing and boots....

"MOTORHIKING"

so now you know why the absolutely knackered appearance below......


PS. A BIG THANK YOU to the MITSUBISHI SHOGUN dangerous driver heading westwards on the A44 between Evesham & Worcestor who at approx 13:30hrs 13/05 not only failed to stop or slow down......but actually charged through the flooded road I was riding through......my gear had kept me fairly dry up to that point......