Monday 2 April 2007

ACE weekend

ACE day out



Saturday I joined a Yamaha Diversion club run to the Ace Café London on a pink HONDA! My first visit there, great friendly atmosphere, good food and plenty to watch.



I also met Jim from the Honda NTV owners club/forum there (http://growell.proboards49.com/ ) his words not mine:
"Stuck a few bob in, I ride an NTV! if you can sit on your arse for hours on end on one of these, then I can get off my arse and support you!"
a big thank-you for his generosity.




Sunday was the start of the Round Britain Rally, an early start due to staying at a friends near Bedford meant the Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire landmarks (LMs) were visited before the blustery run up to Cambridgeshire for the RBR 1st day meeting at LM#5, the William Harley Memorial sculpture in Littleport (original home of the Harley family). There was a good turnout, a wide variety in both the machines used and the riders. Having already done 2 landmarks there was no hurry to press on, so plenty time to enjoy the whole atmosphere and to chat with some of the "veteran" entrants and listen to their advice.




No comments: